Monday 30 June 2014

Mark Castro-Garcia - freelance digital artworker :)

My name is Mark Castro-Garcia, and I have been an artworker for nearly 14 years (since August 2000) and freelance for over 4 years (since May 2010).

I have a print background and started out in repro. As things have started to gear towards digital, I discovered the term "integrated" in 2011 and set out to accrue more digital experience, while still keeping a hand in all things print. The best example of this was 8 months I spent at Coutts & Co (2012-13); while there was printed collateral going on, there was also a lot of emailers, and graphics for cash machines, apps, iPads and screens for presentations/exhibitions.

In 2013, I finally started to land roles which were purely digital-only; working on the UI for the Nokia/Windows 1520 "phablet" phone, social media desktop and mobile graphics for Allianz, responsive website assets for Honda (while at DigitasLBi for 5 months). Elsewhere, I also turned my hand to plasma screens and touchscreens, web banners and iPhone adverts for Papa John’s, web banners for Virgin Media, and emailers for Crayola, Leap Frog and Papa John’s.

The trend is continuing into 2014 – at Stack, Vodafone and Amazon back-to-back – working on emailers for Peugeot, UX graphics for a Vodafone app, and eCommerce web assets for Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment