Wednesday 3 July 2013

As I thought - it didn't last long before, but I'm back at the top again!

The last time I got myself back on top on Google's search rankings for "freelance artworker", it barely lasted a day or so. However, it's not the staying that matters to me, it's the getting there (having stayed in the top 8 pretty much all year is pretty nice though!)

This time, my idea was to utilise my rather under-utilised Google+ page...I've put more info and more links on my personal page, then I've created a company page as well, and linked it to that (both of which turn up in Google searches).

It makes sense that a Google product will influence your ranking more! Why didn't I think of this sooner?

If you're reading my posts and wondering what the big deal is – I started off this year and set myself a goal to get my name/company into the top ten Google rankings, if you search for freelance artworker – and keep it there. It's mainly an exercise in teaching myself the basics of SEO, but also hopefully I will eventually be approached to do some work, thanks to the exposure...just an experiment really  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment